Saturday, January 18, 2014

I Miss Those Days

I'm scrolling through my iPhoto archives today, thinking about creating a photo book. Maybe school, maybe the 365-ish photo challenge I did in 2012... lots of possibilities since I haven't done anything with them since I started school in 2009.

Loads of happy memories.

And a sad reminder of how dramatically my life has changed in the last two years. I miss being that long-haired, oblivious-to-cancer girl. Cancer has definitely brought me a myriad of blessings, and it's made me a better person and enriched so many of my relationships, but it has forever changed my outlook on life. I actually like the richer, more meaningful perspective on time and relationships, just not the gravity of the situation that brings me there.

So here are a few of my favorites from Before:



Ditching the kids at the pumpkin farm. Well, they were pretty little then, but grabbing a kid-free photo was a win!



Aw! Love!



Watching the sunset on a ship.



Camping with our "friend-family." I also wore my bike helmet backward on this trip... I can never tell which way is forward.



With my "bestest" friends from childhood, at the camp we grew up going to.



Summertime glow with my wonderful Canadians.



At Hoover Dam with my sister.



With my sister's new puppy, after the other sister got married.



Disney 3D extravaganza!



My opinion on turning 40. :)

1 comment: