Saturday, February 18, 2017

Past and Present

Cancer update:

My first round of chemo has gone remarkably well. Unless they gave me a placebo, which I wonder because I'm feeling really good, all things considered. Minimal nausea, aches controlled with OTC meds, and TIRED. I'll get up and do things for about 30 minutes, then need a rest. But I'll take that over the expected chemo side effects! So Thanks A Million for your prayers! I'm sure that (and not a placebo, which would be highly unethical) is why I'm feeling pretty OK this week.

Oh! Sounds like I'm not going to lose my hair this round, either!

Fun Stuff:

I'm really tired of thinking about and planning for cancer. It's consumed our lives for the past couple weeks. So this is pure fluff, of the best kind. Get ready for all the feels and have fun with this.

Recently, I was looking through a scrapbook from my first couple years on earth. And I saw so many pictures of me and my dad that mirrored pictures of my brother and his kids. Not surprising, since we all want to capture specific milestones, but it was sweet to see the similarities.

Here are a few examples:


Backpack babies. My brother takes it up a notch with a front pack and a diaper bag.

 

Vacation Baths in the Sink

 


Canoeing

 

Fresh air & red blankets

 

Walking with Dad (Dad and me, Dad and his oldest granddaughter)

 

Taking responsibility or heading for disaster? (Me pushing Jennifer, Jennifer's oldest pushing Jason's oldest)

 

WRESTLING!!! (Dad with me and Jennifer, Jason with all three of his kids; and, yes, the bedding, wallpaper, and curtains in my parents' room were all the same pink and red gerbera daisies! Maybe this is why I love gerberas...)

 

Stories in the Red Chair (If this chair could speak, the stories it could tell! It's over 50 years old and we all have fond memories of it.)

 

Ahhh! Don't you feel all warm and fuzzy? Enjoy your weekend.

4 comments:

  1. I think the picture of you pushing Jennifer in the stroller was taken at Skip and Irvine's. The table in the background was something Tom refinished while in high school for his mom. We have it now by Tom's reading chair. I remember going places with your parents and you traveling in the Gerry Carrier. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh fun! Thanks for sharing the precious memories and comparison pictures. That's funny how many are so similar. Glad chemo is being gentle on you right now. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynne! I LOVE these pictures! My favorite is you pushing Jennifer in the stroller... :) Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! We love all of the similarities!

    ReplyDelete