Monday, November 11, 2013

Traumatized!

First, the hair, because that's why we're here after all, right? I'm due for a haircut, just having difficulty finding a time when my skilled friends are available. Time to go back to the regular salon, I think.


Ever watched the show Bones? It's one of my favorites, but today's episode has me crying "EW!!!" and hiding my eyes.

Not because of the dead bodies.

It's the SLUGS. And the fly. The one that's growing in Hodgins' neck. EW!

I hate slugs. And they're all over the place in the Pacific Northwest. Years ago, I visited a dear friend, and when I got home and unpacked, I found a tupperware container she slipped into my luggage. Filled with slugs! Agghhh! What do you DO with such a gift?! With such a friend?! I don't remember what I did - probably took it to the outside trash. And called her and we laughed.

So in today's show, the slugs are slithering in and out of the victim's bones. Lots of them. AND THEN they're planning to put the slugs in a blender to analyze trace evidence. Proof that this is beyond gross, in spite of all the gore Bones is willing to show, they spared us the slug smoothie. Good thing - I'd probably be screaming all night long.

On top of that, the fly - the red bump on the back of Hodgins' neck - how are they going to make that emergence cool and not traumatizing?! I'm not going to make it through this unscathed.

But for sure, the team will use cool science to solve the mystery and track down the bad guy - or girl, it would seem in this case. Good wins, bad is brought to justice.

In better media news, we saw Ender's Game today. Great movie!!! Now I'm excited to read the books.

For the record, I used to re-read books just before the movie came out. Ruined the movie every time. So now I read the book after seeing the movie. It prevents me from forming my own images of the characters, which is a bummer, but it allows me to enjoy the movies and the books. Now I'm looking forward to Hunger Games.

Happy Veteran's Day, everyone!

1 comment: