Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Spotlight!

On Friday, my poor platelets were up to 65K! I need to be at 80 to start treatment again, so I expect we’ll start again next week. We will check them again on Friday when I meet with a potential new doctor. After I meet with her, I can resolve who my doc will be going forward, so you can pray for wisdom and clarity about that. Then I’ll develop a revised treatment plan with the new doctor.

I had a nice surprise on Saturday evening - an email from the lead pastor at our church, asking if he could incorporate a little of my story into his sermon on Sunday! Obviously I said yes - with a blog that I share on Facebook, I’m clearly not feeling too private about this. Haha.

Well, he read TWO PARAGRAPHS from my blog! I figured it would be a 15 second mention, but it was a lot longer (felt like forever!). I’m not going to give anything away, but I’ll give you the link to the message. (He's a little off on the timeline, but that's not critical to the story.)

You can watch or listen here: http://subsplash.com/chcc/v/wvmlelk

When do you have time to listen to a 40 min message?? My tip: If I miss church, I listen to it as a podcast in my car (Canyon Hills Community Church). Besides my spotlight, it’s a great message about Jesus’ compassion for those who are suffering, and how we can both have compassion and find hope when we suffer through different things. If you want to fast forward to my moment of fame, it’s at 58:17 on the video, and 12:54 on the audio.


Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to hear the sermon- it must be good if he mentioned you Lynne! I'm praying for your platelets, treatment and wisdom for choosing the new doc. ❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete